All cast members will need to provide and apply their own makeup: foundation, mascara, and eyeliner. Yes, this applies to the males in our cast. Stage lights are very bright. If no eye makeup is applied it is hard for the audience to see your facial expressions. Cast members should come starting on Double Dress day (March 10th) with this makeup already applied. If you need help, ask your fellow cast members for guidance. All other makeup and face paint will be applied at Wasatch.
Starting this week, rehearsals will go longer and end at 5:30pm. Please be sure to look at the rehearsal calendar to know when rehearsals end.
Also a reminder to parents and students that rehearsal attendance is mandatory in March. Putting on a show is a huge team effort. We really need everyone there to make rehearsals effective. Students who miss March rehearsals run the risk of being left out of a scene or a dance number. If you are seriously ill, hospitalized, or a family member dies, please talk to Ms. Dallimore about your situation. Other interests, lessons, appointments, and pursuits should not take priority during this crucial rehearsal time.
Rehearsal on Friday, March 2nd, will go until 4pm. We will be doing costume checks and will need to go over bows.
Each student needs to bring:
Parents, It's time to start thinking of a congratulatory message to send to your favorite cast member. All "break-a-leg" grams will be $10 and will be featured in the playbill.
All messages must be less than 5 lines.
Please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than February 28.
You can pay by cash or check in the office--give your money to Charity Flanagan with checks made out to Wasatch Junior High.
Work Call this Saturday, February 17th from 9am-1pm
Just come and we'll put you to work. If you have any supplies that would help in these projects, please bring them. Some things can be taken home to work on.
Things we need help with:
1. Fine detailing on the stair platforms to make it look more like rocks (painting).
2. Tack down our vines to the large trees and add more greenery to the front set pieces.
3. Flowers put into large styrofoam pieces. Sculpt the styrofoam so that we can place the flowers into it (using a bread knife or electric carving knife). They will go in front of the stair cases.
4. Organize the costume rooms and cast member's bins
5. Flowers and vines hot glued on to hair clips.
6. Elastic bands sewed onto material so that it can slide over the large bamboo poles.
7. Leaves need to be hot glued onto green pipe cleaners.
8. Help with the images that are going to be projected onto the back scrim. Ms. Dallimore has found several images she likes but needs help putting it together. If you have an animation program for the computer to make them come to life that would be amazing!
9. Lighting design help. If you have experience with this, please contact Ms. Dallimore.
*To follow this RSS feed, please be sure your device has a RSS feed reader extension or app.